Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sandwiches!





I made some rather tastey sandwiches for our beach picnic yesterday. I like sandwiches as much as I like salads: just a little, and with very specific requirements. I do not like mayo or mustard or relish or most condiments. I do not like onions or sliced tomatoes. This is why I don't eat sandwiches. But when I can make them myself excactly the way I know that I will enjoy eating them, it's fun for me.
These are all on ciabatta bread, which I toasted using the fancy "bagel" setting on my toaster so it only toasts the inside. I like to smear a little cream cheese on while the bread is still warm. I bought some delicious meat from DD Meats [our local butcher]: pastrami, turkey pastrami, buffalo turkey, black pepper turkey, and garlic herb turkey. I also used Muenster cheese, champagne cheese, and mozzarella cheese in different combinations. To one sandwich I added some fresh Rainier cherry slices. I really like fruit with meat & cheese and this was a little jucier than apple slices and different from a cranberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment