Monday, March 21, 2011

A very chocolate smoothie, Charlie Brown

I made this delicious smoothie for dinner-dessert two nights in a row. I would have made it again tonight, but I just ate my weight in a bad, drive-thru burrito. Regrets. I wish I could open that belly door and just take it out and have my smoothie instead. But it was rainy and I was hungry and we really needed to get out of the house for a while and there aren't many places to go when you don't really want to get everybody dressed to go inside a restaurant or store.

Charlie Brown Smoothie:
  • 1 c. unsweetened rice milk [or almond milk] [or cow milk I suppose]
  • 2 frozen bananas
  • 1 tbl agave syrup
  • a good shake/scoop of unsweetened cocoa powder [I used Dagoba - amazing/organic/delicious!]
Zoe asked if she could try the smoothie and I said "of course!" and she took a tiny sip and made a sour face and said "I think it's yucky, mom." It does have a very dark chocolate, unsweetened flavor. So if that is not your favorite thing, you will probably want to use a sweet milk, or sweetened cocoa powder, or add lots more agave.

No comments:

Post a Comment