Monday, March 21, 2011

Spinasse. Eat Here Now.

Constance and I did something that everybody who really enjoys food and restaurants and restaurants that make enjoyable food should do: we sat at the chef's table. And that table was at Spinasse.

SPINASSE


If you are in Seattle you must eat there. I think I counted 36 seats? Make a reservation.

The chef, Jason Stratton, was selected as one of Food & Wines Best New Chefs 2010. Rightly so.

I am still thinking about that meal. It was so sublime that it's hard to even talk about it. So I think I will talk about it in pieces, as I am able to articulate what a joy it was to share this [dare I say} experience of a lifetime with my LYLAS-Besty, CMB. And Chuck, can I call you Chuck?, chime in whenever.
No? okay.

So first I'll give you the list of things that were gently placed on the table for us to eat. I made this list on my phone, which self-corrected things in weird ways and my tiny typing deteriorated with each glass of wine... most of it makes sense. I will elaborate and make corrections at a later date.

Rabbit foie head crostini
Prescott with apple
Pork loin tuna mayo
Bread
Sparkling wine
Pig trotted w roast chestnuts mar. Beets
Cauliflower flan anchovy vain de cote
Ride wine
Gavi wine
Poached egg under glass on black truffles
Foie head w caremel onion blind orange
Old lady densmore red
Intermezzo: addiction w balsalmic & park.
Easiest eggs pasta with butter and sage and eggs
Buttwrnut sqyashravioli with amareei cookie & parmesan.
Tiny handmade pasta with pork shoulder & tongue in thin broth. The best chicken soup ever.
Barber wine twice
Taglietellie with true chickpeas
Salmongreens
Barberesco
Essentially cabbage roll wo veal breast & pork shoulder.
Barberesco
Chocolate & honey safety ice cream
Coffee

1 comment:

  1. Please, call me Chuck.

    That meal was so amazing... I am still thinking about it as well. We were there for four hours, and we had to take a "breather" and go outside for fresh air in between the four pasta courses.

    Definitely worth the calories, and the money.

    I'd love to go back for a "regular" meal.

    ReplyDelete