Sunday, January 16, 2011

Matcha Muffins

Last night I baked a 1/2-batch [6] of matcha muffins using the recipe from the Flying Apron cookbook. I don't think I made any changes, just needed to see what would happen. They are gluten/dairy/soy-free and vegan. And shockingly tasty. They are as light as bubble wrap. I guess I did add some lemon zest and used a non-toasted, unsweetened coconut. The recipe calls for toasted coconut. The small crunch of the coconut and the lemon zest made these muffins extremely satisfying. I miss baking ooey-gooey things and especially miss burning my fingers trying to tear apart a loaf of oven-hot bread just to get that first taste. Janie was here so we ate a couple, I saved one for this morning and sent the other 3 with her. I am definitely going to bake some more. Right now. I think they would be uber good with blueberries. And cream cheese frosting. And a vodka tonic.

No comments:

Post a Comment