Tuesday, January 25, 2011

voodoo carnage


While in Portland we went with Annie & John to Voodoo Doughnuts. Pete & I got the selection of a random dozen that a very slow-moving employee picks out based on what she likes and what the store needs to get rid of. Pete ate everything that was maple-flavored. I had something that was jelly-filled. And then we all picked at what was left until I threw them away this morning. Voodoo is famous. Their doughnuts are really good. And weird. I don't know why they are voodoo/vampire-themed. I haven't read the history. You can buy a little, pine coffin filled with 100 doughnuts. At their newest, Portland location they have a photobooth. There is ALWAYS a line at least 20 minutes long. The original location usually has a 45 minute wait. It's a tourist trap.
Needless to say... this late night treat [they are open from like 3pm to 3am?] was off our diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment