Sunday, August 28, 2011

Cleanse Again!


Last Monday we started the Cleanse again - based on the book Clean. It's the same thing that we did last January. Constance is doing it again, too. The past few months e have been eating too much pizza, Chinese food, cheese & crackers, & chocolate chip cookies and washing it all down with wine and strawberry-lemonade. It has been mostly dinner and weekends that do us in.

Since January, Pete & I have still been drinking nutritious smoothies & fresh juice in the morning. And nearly every weekday we both have salads for lunch. So going back to the the Clean way of eating is not that difficult. We are avoiding sugar, gluten, eggs, processed foods, caffiene, alcohol, red meat, peanuts... I think I've had salmon at least 10 times in a row. And a truckload of quinoa. And a chicken.

I thought of something smart to do. I chopped up two giant bags of fruit & vegetables and put them in the fridge for our morning juice. I make juice when Pete gets up for work, before 6am, with one eye open so it's helpful to not have to use a sharp knife and peel a pineapple at this time. So much easier!

I also spend an evening preparing as many things as I can for our dinners. I get the stove going and make  large pots of quinoa and brown rice. Both of these things are quick to reheat and hold their texture & flavor remarkably well.


Quinoa with saffron, cinnamon sticks, cloves & garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment