Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rosemary Bread

I have some vegan, gluten-free Rosemary Bread in the oven. It smells so so so good. And if I made a pie chart that documented my reasons for baking bread at midnight, the aroma would be a large section. mmmm. pie.

Have I mentioned that February is Great American Pie Month? I don't know why or how. Because the American Pie Council [for real!] does not recognize this celebration. They have registered January 23 as National Pie Day. I had no idea pie was such a big deal. How do I get a job with the American Pie Council?

And speaking of pie...[some more]... I think it is quite poetic that there is a gorgeous pie shop directly across the street from The Flying Apron bakery in Fremont.
Another reason that I am baking this bread is that I finally used my shiny, new grain mill [thanks Dad] tonight and made my own brown rice flour. I used 2 different types of brown rice because that's what I happened to have in the pantry: a long grain & a medium grain "golden rose" organic. They looked exactly the same after they were ground. I could have kept them separate and made two different loaves of something and blah blah blah... but I didn't feel like being so scientific tonight. I'll do some research and see what the internet has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment